Christmas Punch Recipes & Ideas
Christmas is a particular time to share with the family and especially the table! With this Christmas Punch you will learn how to prepare a drink, very typical of these parties and how could it be otherwise. Solid of tradition and Christmas flavor.
The Mexicans have the Christmas Punch. English and Americans share the eggnog. Dominicans and Puerto Ricans taste coquito and Venezuelans celebrate Christmas with the cream punch.
When the Christmas preparations begin, the Christmas Punch drink is the ideal assistant to paint the house, make it, receive the visits, put the little tree or the birth; There is always a good reason to taste it.
Even though, there are those in his kitchen who try to emulate the texture and flavor of this drink; much more now, because of how things are and the same for those of us who are out of the country and do not want to lose the enthusiasm.
Like last week I was a little depressed due to these disturbing world events and the fact of spending another Christmas away from my family, I wanted to share my grief and prepared this punch to “throw a stick” as we say there and be happy.
At first I had in mind to make a milk that is also a punch with more or less with the same ingredients and procedure, but it is flavor with lemon, cinnamon and cinnamon sticks and the place of soda, which are distillates made in an artisanal and sometimes clandestine way, whose composition contributes to the spicy flavor of this drink that is consumed in the Andes and other places of my beautiful country.
The recipe, which comes from my mom, indicates liquefying the egg yolks with the other ingredients, but the very idea of taking the raw egg Rocky style gives me everything, so I decided to change a bit the preparation for cooking the yolks.
Then, although in the end, I have put the “dressings” not to have the artisan liquor, ended up being equally productive, just as punch, only as cream!
An important fact is that the more days you marinate, the better, because the drink has more time to concentrate the flavors of spices, liquor, and body, so do not rush to take it the same day you prepare it, be patient and wait for the best.
Christmas Punch Recipes
Christmas Egg Punch
In this recipe, we teach you how to prepare a very easy, fast and delicious Christmas Egg Punch. Take note of the ingredients and follow the step by step to learn how to do it and surprise all your guests.
Steps to follow to make this recipe in15 minutes
- Making Christmas Punch is very easy. Make sure you have all the ingredients above and get down to work.
- The first thing you have to do to start preparing it is to introduce the two types of milk into the blender and mix.
- Once the milk is integrated, add the rum and keep mixing. Then, incorporate the eggs and continue processing the Christmas punch.
- Finally, add vanilla essence to taste. Strain the eggnog and refrigerate to serve it very cold at Christmas.
Christmas Orange Punch
The tincture could mature for a long time, but it would take a few days. If you do tomorrow, or maybe even today, you can enjoy it at Christmas. Delicate, such can be said for the holiday cake.
200 g brown sugar
1 vanilla cane
2 cinnamon bark
carnations as you like
400 ml of Soda
200 ml of water Wash the oranges, burn with boiling water, rub the skin and squeeze the juice. Pour the juice, water, add peel, sugar, cinnamon bark, vanilla stick. Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from fire. Pour the juice into the juice. Let’s cool down. Strain the tincture, preferably two times. Tincture to pour into bottles, put the bark of cinnamon and vanilla cane. Stand aside, and for another five days, we shake the bottles daily. After five days the tincture is ready to drink.
Creamy Christmas punch recipe
How to make thick cream punch. It is not a redundancy to speak of a creamier cream punch because there are merely velvety punches and others not so much. And this one that I share today is the smoothest of all, and you’ll see why.
I was happy with this, my first recipe for cream punch, created from the memories of my palate.
To make the eggnog, beat the egg yellows as if you were doing mayonnaise, and then add it to the cold milk and that’s when the preparation is cooked. Beat and incorporate the eggs that way, is the answer to the question how to make thick cream punch in record time and make sure it is more creamy.
The result of this technique is unbeatable: the color is a little more intense, and the drink is smoother. The ingredients are the same as in my original punch recipe, except for the fact that you do not need to put lemon peel.
Now that I know how to thicken the cream punch, the punch prepared in this way is the one I’ve been making on commission for the holidays and everyone happy. I hope that now you can also create your punch very thick and creamy, with this, my secret to thickening the cream punch.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of Soda
- In a saucepan set condensed milk and evaporated milk and beat until properly blended.
- In a pot and with the help of an energetic beater, beat the egg yolks until cream off pale yellow color (lemon yellow) is formed, with the consistency of homemade mayonnaise.
- Add the beaten yolks to the milk mixture and beat well, until creamy mixture forms. Add a cinnamon stick.
- Light the heat to medium heat and cook continually stirring with a wooden spoon and turn off before it breaks the boil. It is essential not to leave the pot unattended at any time, to prevent the punch from sticking or forming lumps.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and add the rum. Stir and with the help of a funnel for the punch in a sterilized bottle.
- Settle it in the freezer for at least two hours before serving.
- Unlike other punches that taste better after several days in the fridge, this is so thick that it can be taken immediately.
- You can serve it alone or with ice.
Christmas punch recipe ideas
Hope to enjoy your Christmas this year, and to enjoy our Christmas Punch Ideas at the below Gallery.